This is an analysis of the poem O Pastor Moribundo that begins with:
A existência dolorida
Cansa em meu peito: eu bem sei...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXaXb XXXXXX aXXXXX aXXXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001000 101110111 1100 10011010 101001101 1110 1101100 101111100 1100 110110110 11111011 1010 101000010 111010 1100 10101100 1101010 1011 1111010010 1010001 1100 10100100 10011010 1100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O Pastor Moribundo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Álvares de Azevedo
- Analysis of Sonhando
- Analysis of Já Da Morte O Palor Me Cobre O Rosto
- Analysis of Idéias Íntimas Viii