This is an analysis of the poem Sonhando that begins with:
Na praia deserta que a lua branqueia,
Que mimo! que rosa, que filha de Deus!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXA XXXXXXXA XXXXXXXA XXbXXXXA XXXXXXXa XcXcXXXA dbXXdXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100101010 11011011001 01011111100 100111101 110110 11010 10011 11001 01010101010 1100101100100 01110001001 010110111100 1010 11010 10011 11001 01011010010 11001111011 1110001011 10110010010 1110 11010 10011 11001 11101011010 1101010110 10111110011 01100011010 1110 11010 10100 11001 1011110101010 101101110 11111011010 1111100110 1110 11010 101 11001 101010110100 1101010001 111011110 11010011001 110100 11010 10011 11001 101001101111 10001011011 111001011 1101101111 1111 11010 110100 10011
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 170
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 57
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; que, o, t, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words n, que are repeated.
The author used the same words a, e at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word mim at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonhando;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.