This is an analysis of the poem I Foraaret that begins with:
Nu sænker sig Vaarens svangrende Luft,
Og Knopperne briste, og Blomsten faaer Duft,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 110111011 1111111 1101101 1101 111 1111 11001 1101111111 11111101 111101011 1101111111 110111101 1101111 1111 1101 11010 110110 111111011 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 301
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, som, med are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words og, i are repeated.
The author used the same word nu at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines rmer is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word lyst at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Foraaret;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.