This is an analysis of the poem A Myth of Devotion that begins with:
When Hades decided he loved this girl
he built for her a duplicate of earth,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcd eaf eggXh bij ghcXea eXgXXgg fddih jkl fked cgmXfdmlm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,5,3,6,7,5,3,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100101101 1110010001 1010110011 100110 1010101011 0101011011 0111001101010 100011110101 1101101001 111111111 1100110010 00111110100 010001 011111 1010111 110100 100110 1000011 100010010 011110111 1101 10101101001 00101010100 010101011 11011110 110101111 111011111 0101 111101010 1010111 0101100010101 110011101 1001110 1100101 11110010 110100100 1111010101 1110111010 001101010 100011 011100101011 0101110001 110111110111 111 0001111001 1110111 1101 0110001011
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; then, you, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words persephone, you are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines turns is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Myth of Devotion;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.