This is an analysis of the poem An Adventure that begins with:
It came to me one night as I was falling asleep
that I had finished with those amorous adventures ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcdXbcebeafgbeXhidjjeckiXlccfcXggXmbaabkXjmfeXhl
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 52,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101111111001 1111001100010 011110011001 1110011010110010100 010110101111101 010111110100111010 10010110 1 0111011 010101001001110 1001010101000011 10101011111 01001010111001001001 11111110101 11110100011010 100010110001011101 0100110000101111 01011011 1 111010110001001 11011110100 111111010101 1000101011100110 011011111 100010101 1101101101011101 101110111 1110011111 1 1011010100 10101110110101 1010101001010101 111011111000 0101010001001 11111110100101 1010101011010100 01010101001000 1 111101010 1101 11100110011 11010011101010100 11111 1011101101 1 101010110110101 010010010100 100111011010 11001 11010010100 110101 1100100100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2376
- Average number of words per stanza: 427
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, to, and, my are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines them is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Adventure;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.