This is an analysis of the poem The Sunlight On The Garden that begins with:
The sunlight on the garden
Hardens and grows cold,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbba Xbcbbd edadde afXffa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111010 10111 1101001 010101 1101 1101110 1101110 0100101 0101010 101101 1111 11111110 0110110 010011 11001010 101101 0101 11101010 1101010 100101 1101110 101101 1101 1111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 149
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Sunlight On The Garden;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.