This is an analysis of the poem The Suicide that begins with:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, whom I am not in fact
Conducting, was his office all those minutes ago,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbaaXbaXabcaXXaaca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10101100111101 0101010111001 01110101101 00100100110110101 0110101001101 10001101010 10100101001 0010111111001 010110110110010 00110110010101 101111001001 11111001001110 100100100111 1011100101010 11100010111101 1101011101001 011111111001 0100111101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 957
- Average number of words per stanza: 174
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Suicide;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.