This is an analysis of the poem The Brandy Glass that begins with:
Only let it form within his hands once more -
The moment cradled like a brandy glass. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbcabcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10101010111 0101010101 10010010101 00101010101 10011001101 11010000101 01101010001 11010100111 101010111110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 397
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Brandy Glass;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.