This is an analysis of the poem Noces De Diamant. À M Et Mme C. P*** that begins with:
O mes chers vieux amis, à l'époque trop brève,
Et pour moi disparue, hélas ! depuis longtemps,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 111110111 1111011010 1111011001111 110110110010 11110101111 10100100101110 1110010111 1110110011 111111110111 111111111011 11011010110 11101111010 11110011010 1110011111 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; en is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines re is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Noces De Diamant. À M Et Mme C. P***;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.