This is an analysis of the poem La « Henriette ». Yacht Français En Rade De Montréal. that begins with:
Charmant petit vaisseau ― naïade ou sirène ―
Si gracieux à voir sur ton ancre affermi,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 101010111 1101111100 100101101100 1111011100 11111010011 1111101110 1111011111 101010111010 11110101100 1110101110100 11111011101 11001011100 11011010111 110011110111 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; que, nos are repeated.
The author used the same word va at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of La « Henriette ». Yacht Français En Rade De Montréal.;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.