This is an analysis of the poem Variations Sur Le Même Sujet that begins with:
Pour tous ― elle excepté ― ma vie a son mystère :
Un amour éternel depuis longtemps conçu....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXaX Xab XXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1110111011 11010101010 11110101101 1011011010111 10111101000 111111110101 111111010111 111101011111 101111110111 11111101110010 11001010111 1101111101 111111111101 101001111001 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; et is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Variations Sur Le Même Sujet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.