This is an analysis of the poem The Foundling that begins with:
Snow wraiths circle us
Like washers of the dead,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacbabddd aeXeed aXcdXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 110001 101111 0100 010101 1011111 100101 0101001 11010 10101 01111111 1101 111101 1101 010101 11010101 10011 11001101 1100 1011 10011001101 01010001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 194
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Foundling;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.