This is an analysis of the poem The Spilling Of The Wine that begins with:
The soldiers lie upon the snow,
That no longer gyrates under the spinning lights...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdbXbceXefgdfhbebci bXchceedXecacaecXcf gXgbie
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 21,19,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 111011100101 11000111 1011010110011 1 01001010 11110111010 10 10111011 100100 1001 01001101 1011010 111100 011111 0101101 1111111 1111001 11110 01010 1000010 1110011011011 11110 1110011 1001010100100 11001010 10111 1 101010001010011 1001010 1 110111 100001001 11100010110 1000011 111 100011 111010100 1101 101111 0110110 10011101110110 101011010 0100101 101001 0111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 472
- Average number of words per stanza: 80
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; wine, in are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines wine is repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase wine connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Spilling Of The Wine;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.