This is an analysis of the poem The New Dog that begins with:
Into the gravity of my life,
the serious ceremonies...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabc XaXX cbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 000100011 01001010 010110 1111 010100 1100010 110 0111000 101101 0101110 101010 101110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 87
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The New Dog;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.