This is an analysis of the poem Something About The Trees that begins with:
I remember what my father told me:
There is an age when you are most yourself....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCD BEDF ECFE CBEG BHGI HBIG BAGC X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111011 1011111110 1111101 101001011111 1011111110 1111101 101001011111 1001011111 1111101 11011110010 1001011111 100101010 11011110010 1101001101 100101010 111111010 1101001101 111101110 111111010 11111011 111101110 1010111 11111011 01101010 1010111 1010111011 01101010 1111101 01011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 131
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Something About The Trees;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.