This is an analysis of the poem The Moon At The Fortified Pass that begins with:
The bright moon lifts from the Mountain of Heaven
In an infinite haze of cloud and sea, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXXbXaXccX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110010010 0110010111 10111101010 11011100 1010011101 1101101110001 111110100100 11010101 010111001010 11010101 10101001010 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 527
- Average number of words per stanza: 93
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Moon At The Fortified Pass;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Down Zhongnan Mountain
- Analysis of Lament Of The Frontier Guard
- Analysis of Drinking In The Mountains