This is an analysis of the poem Down Zhongnan Mountain that begins with:
Down the blue mountain in the evening,
Moonlight was my homeward escort. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXbcXdabdcXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 101100010 11111001 1011111 10100111 1110011001 1010100101 111101110 11111111 111100101 1100101011 11001001001 11101110111 111011111110 01110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 583
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Down Zhongnan Mountain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Lament Of The Frontier Guard
- Analysis of Drinking In The Mountains
- Analysis of We Fought For - South Of The Walls