This is an analysis of the poem Dear Joanne that begins with:
Last night Magda dreamed that she,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bXX XX ba Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 1110111 111101001 100 1101011 110101 1110011 10101010 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 44
- Average number of words per stanza: 8
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dear Joanne;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lew Welch
- Analysis of Not Yet 40, My Beard Is Already White.
- Analysis of I Saw Myself
- Analysis of Taxi Suite (Excerpt: 1. After Anacreon)