This is an analysis of the poem The Sea-Shore that begins with:
I SHOULD like to dwell where the deep blue sea
Rock'd to and fro as tranquilly,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbccdX eeeebbdd ffggaaee bbahahii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1110110111 10111100 1000100101 11011001001 10101011001 10100110101 1101100101 1101111010 1101000101 0010110101 100101111 1101110101 1100101101 01011101 10011101 010110101 111101110001 010100111 0011111001 110110101 10111001001 1111001001 110100101 1011101011 1010100101 0010011101 110110101 1001000100 111011101 100101100 10110101011 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 333
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sea-Shore;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.