This is an analysis of the poem The Sheperd Boy that begins with:
LIKE some vision olden
Of far other time,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd cececece cbcbcfcfXbabaadad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 01101 101110 00111 011110 110101 111110 01111 111010 01101 111010 111111 001010 10001 100110 11111 111010 01101 1010010 10101 101010 00101 0111010 00111 111011 11001 1001011 10101 100110 10011 101010 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sheperd Boy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.