This is an analysis of the poem The Hindoo Girl’s Song that begins with:
FLOAT on—float on—my haunted bark,
Above the midnight tide;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cccc dede fXfe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 010111 110100101 011011 111111010 11001001 010011010 011101 11111101 010101 01010101 111101 11010111 0101010 11110111 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Hindoo Girl’s Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Letitia Elizabeth Landon
- Analysis of The Sultana's Remonstrance
- Analysis of The Combat. By Etty
- Analysis of Scenes In London Iv - The City Churchyard