This is an analysis of the poem Scenes In London Iv - The City Churchyard that begins with:
I PRAY thee lay me not to rest
Among these mouldering bones;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef Xgcg bbbb hihi Xjbj klkl ajaj agag jmjm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 0111001 11000101 111101 10111011 010111 11111111 010111 01010111 010001 11011101 0111011 01011111 110101 11110101 010101 11100111 010111 110101101 010001 11101001 110111 10110101 111111 11011101 010101 110110001 111111 01110111 0100001 111101001 110101 11101101 011001 110111011 110111 1101111 000101 01010101 111101 10110101 011101 11010101 1100001
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; where, and, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, where are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Scenes In London Iv - The City Churchyard;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.