This is an analysis of the poem The Enchanted Island. By Danby that begins with:
AND there the island lay, the waves around
Had never known a storm; for the north wind... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbXacbcabacbcacdceffabfgchdbfaXhb agiebidXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 36,11,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010101 1101011011 1101010101 1111111101 1101000101 1011110011 1011011101 1101101100 1011100011 1101010101 1101010111 1010011101 11010010101 0101010101 1101010111 1101110100 1111110111 0101110001 0011010101 10110000101 11111101001 0001011101 0011011101 11100111101 1011001111 010100101 1001110101 0111010101 1001010101 1001010101 1101011111 1101010111 0001010111 0101010100 1100011001 01001010101 1101000111 1011010001 11010000100 1101110101 1101010101 0101011100 0100011111 1111010101 10000010101 10000100111 0100110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1014
- Average number of words per stanza: 183
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, from, her are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Enchanted Island. By Danby;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Letitia Elizabeth Landon
- Analysis of Cupid And Swallows Flying From Winter. By Dagley
- Analysis of The Hindoo Girl’s Song
- Analysis of The Sultana's Remonstrance