This is an analysis of the poem The Poor that begins with:
Few, save the poor, feel for the poor:
The rich know not how hard ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaX XbXb XaXa bcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 011111 00000101 1101100 11110100 111111 11011100 010111 11100101 011101 110010111 110101 11010101 110111 11110101 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Poor;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Letitia Elizabeth Landon
- Analysis of The Oriental Nosegay. By Pickersgill
- Analysis of The Soldier's Funeral
- Analysis of The Pilgrim