This is an analysis of the poem Fairies On The Sea Shore. By Howard that begins with:
MY home and haunt are in every leaf,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bbccXdeefXgg F ee a hhffiijjhh k ll a eeddmmag k hh e nnoommddeegg FXccooee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,12,1,2,1,10,1,2,1,8,1,2,1,12,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110 1111101001 1100101111 11001001010 1101001010 1101001100 1101001001 011010100 1111100101 11101001 11101010 110100101 101101011 10010 111110101 1111110111 1010 110000101 0010101 11011101 00101011001 10011101 100101001 11010101 1011100111 101011001 110100101 10 111101010 10101010 110 1110100101 10100100101 101100111 00110101101 11011101 10100110111 010010100 11110111 10 10010101 110110111 110 110000101 10110101 11111101 111011111 110101011 100111111 11110101 111100101 10100011 011100101 010101001 10101101 10010 1101011110 11011001110 10111011 11110101 11110101 0111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 16
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 62
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, of, to, there are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, our are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines mine is repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase there connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fairies On The Sea Shore. By Howard;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Letitia Elizabeth Landon
- Analysis of Scenes In London Iii - The Savoyard In Grosvenor Square
- Analysis of Juliet After The Masquerade. By Thompson
- Analysis of The Troubadour. Canto 3