This is an analysis of the poem Juliet After The Masquerade. By Thompson that begins with:
SHE left the festival, for it seem'd dim
Now that her eye no longer dwelt on him,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeffgg hhiijjjjkk ffffffee eeaajjdd lljjffddkkmmffll bXaadd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,10,8,8,16,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101001011 1101110111 1101011101 0101010101 1101010011 11010101001 01011111011 1001010001 1111010011 10010010101 0101011011 11001111111 110010110111 0111010100 1101111111 1011010111 0101000101 0111010111 0111110001 110011101001 0101010101 1111011101 0101011011 1101110101 1101100101 1101110111 01011011010 11010111010 1101011101 1101001101 0011011101 01011010111 11010101001 0101011100 0111011101 0111110111 0101101111 0101011101 0101010111 0111110101 11010100101 1100110101 11011100111 11010111001 1101110101 01010110111 1001001101 1111010001 11011101001 1011010101 1110110101 1101001101 1101011111 1100110011 1101111101 1001110101 1111110101 0011100100 10011100101 0101111101 0011001101 011111010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 464
- Average number of words per stanza: 87
- Amount of lines: 62
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, and, of, she, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words her, when, and are repeated.
The author used the same word she at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Juliet After The Masquerade. By Thompson;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.