This is an analysis of the poem Amelioration And The Future, Man's Noble Tasks that begins with:
Fall, fall, ye mighty temples to the ground:
Not in your sculptured rise... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacddc effe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010001 101101 001101 0101010101 1001010101 100101 011101 11110011101 1001010101 1001001 011111 0111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words 'tis, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Amelioration And The Future, Man's Noble Tasks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Letitia Elizabeth Landon
- Analysis of Hebe
- Analysis of Fairies On The Sea Shore. By Howard
- Analysis of Scenes In London Iii - The Savoyard In Grosvenor Square