This is an analysis of the poem The Nuns And The Lilies that begins with:
The lilies in the garden walk
Are out today. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbXbXcddcabXbefXXffe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01000101 1101 01110110 0111 11010101 1101 11010101 1111 11101100 1010100 110101011101 01000101 1101 11010101 0101 11111101 0100 11111101 1101 11110100 10010100 1011110101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 645
- Average number of words per stanza: 115
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Nuns And The Lilies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lesbia Harford
- Analysis of All Knowledge . . .
- Analysis of All Through The Day At My Machine
- Analysis of Fatherless