This is an analysis of the poem All Through The Day At My Machine that begins with:
All through the day at my machine
There still keeps going ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabXaXcXcbXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11011101 11110 011011111 11110 10010100 01110100 01110 11110111 11110 1100101011 11010 11010100 11010100 110010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 400
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of All Through The Day At My Machine;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lesbia Harford
- Analysis of Fatherless
- Analysis of Body And Soul
- Analysis of And Is Love Very Strong Where Honour Rules?