This is an analysis of the poem The Images Alone that begins with:
Scarlet as the cloth draped over a sword,
white as steaming rice, blue as leschenaultia,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcXcX c aaXbXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,1,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1010111001 11101111000 110101001101 01010010100101 1101011101 0110010101 1101011101 10110101010 01111001 0111110111 100100101100 111101100111 1100100110001 111010100010 1100111110010100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 241
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Images Alone;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.