This is an analysis of the poem Comete that begins with:
Uphill in Melbourne on a beautiful day
a woman is walking ahead of her hair....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbcbccdebde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11010101001 01001001001 111101011 0100111000 10100101110010 010101101 0111101011 1001101010 001 011111111 011001101101 101000101001 1100111001 11111011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 615
- Average number of words per stanza: 106
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, its are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Comete;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Les Murray
- Analysis of The Butter Factory
- Analysis of Flowering Eucalypt In Autumn
- Analysis of A Retrospect Of Humidity