This is an analysis of the poem Amanda's Painting that begins with:
In the painting, I'm seated in a shield,
coming home in it up a shadowy river....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXabXaXbXXccXab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010010001 101001010010 00011011011 111101010 00101100011 10001111110 110010010101 0101010111 101110100100 1010101100111 1101010110011 1111111010011 0010001011110101 001010110111 110010010110 10001011101 111010001011010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 813
- Average number of words per stanza: 157
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, no, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Amanda's Painting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.