This is an analysis of the poem Canzonetta that begins with:
It rains outside the windows (verlainesque
Rain, if not in in my heart:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XAXa bbbX cdXd acXc XAeeea Xc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,6,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111010100 1010011 1111111101 010101 01110101010 11010101010 11010101010 011111000100 1101010111 10011000100 11011010111 1111010100 01110101111 0101110001 1000000100 1101111101 0111010100 1010011 11110101 10110101 11011100 010111 0101110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, rains are repeated.
The author used the same word it at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Canzonetta;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by León de Greiff
- Analysis of For If Love Fled, If Love It Was...
- Analysis of This Rose Was A Witness
- Analysis of Canción Nocturna