This is an analysis of the poem Your Presence Felt that begins with:
In my eyes,
You cast light....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABC DE bXa XX Xbafb ABCXDEbbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,2,3,2,5,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011 111 111 01101101 011101001 11111 0011110 0011111 1101 01110 101101000 101 111110110 110011 111010101 011 111 111 01101101 011101001 0111 1101 1100101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 79
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, have are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word in is repeated.
The author used the same word in at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Your Presence Felt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Even Witches Return
- Analysis of This Happiness I Have Discovered
- Analysis of Sticking To Those Promises