This is an analysis of the poem Sticking To Those Promises that begins with:
That's it for questions!
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcX XddeaffgfhdD hcidag XgdX djXdfhid dX gkdbeagXaXdD gXcXXajdbkjijfe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,12,6,4,8,2,12,15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110 11 11111011 010010100 1 1100 1010010 0011011 0110001111 111 1111 1 1 10010100011 110 110 11101 001100111 10101 00110 1111011011 1110011010 1111001 1111010111 010001000101010 001001011 110111101 1100110011 01011 1 111101 10101 01111011 11101101001110 1110 11101 1 01001100 10100100 11011001 011 10001110110 1 11 01100110001001 110101101011010 01110 110 1010111 11111001 1 1101101 111 1010101010 11101100 00011000111 1010010010010100 1101 011001100001 1 101001 0010010
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 62
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word with is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sticking To Those Promises;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Getting Plenty Of Exercise
- Analysis of What Has Been Done Successfully
- Analysis of More Meaning To Me Than Compliments