This is an analysis of the poem You Can'T Know Love that begins with:
You can't know love,
If it's symbolic....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBABAcc ABABABC ddX aXb c aXabaXdXABABABC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,3,3,1,15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 00010 11111 01010 11111 110010 001001 111111 00010 11111 01010 11111 01010 101001 1010101001 011101011 11 1011101111 11011101010 1010 0110101 111111 01100 11111 01010 111111 01000 001101 111111 00010 11111 01010 11111 01010 101001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 120
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You Can'T Know Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of A Broken Heart Is Seldom Forgotten
- Analysis of On A Fixed Budget
- Analysis of The Best Attitude To Take