This is an analysis of the poem On A Fixed Budget that begins with:
I've been taught to keep my cool...
No matter what class of fool surrounds me....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabc XbccXacdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1010111 1101101011 11001110111 11110101 110001101 1000100011101 010100010 010100101101 1 1101010 1010010101 00101010010 100110100110100 1011110110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 272
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On A Fixed Budget;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.