This is an analysis of the poem With It Expected Volunteered that begins with:
There was a time when politics,
Had been forbidden to mix with religion....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcbdbXXa dbabbXeXeXbc bbXbXec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,12,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11011101 10100010010 111001001 101001 1101101001 110100110101 0100010101 0100001110 01001010010 01 01 101101000101 11100010101010 11000100101 010111010101 0011110110100 11 1110100100001 010010010011001 001001 1101110101 01101101111 1 010100010101 0001010101001 1101001001010 01101110111 01010101110 01011100101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 378
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of With It Expected Volunteered;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.