This is an analysis of the poem With Comments Made that begins with:
Why do people seem to take steps,
That are less effective than those suggested? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccdeacXd eXcX Xbb X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,4,3,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101011 11101011010 010111101 0101110101 010111010 01 011111011 1001 1101100010 001010 1101011 1111010 1011011010 01001101 1111101 00101010 10101 1110011010 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of With Comments Made;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of People Snoozing Miss Info
- Analysis of The Process Of Life
- Analysis of Declaration Of Intelligence