This is an analysis of the poem The Process Of Life that begins with:
When decisions are made...
To end games played, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AABCBDBEAF CGAGHIXJJ AABCBDBEAFXCGAGHIChCeeJJJCJJJCg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,9,31,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011 0111 0110 101 10110 10110 0110 01011 01111 101010 11100100011 110 1111001101 110 01 0110 0100010 01101 01101 101011 0111 0110 101 10110 10110 0110 01011 01111 101010 11100100011 110 1111001101 110 01 0110 1101101101 01011101 1101101101 1011 00101 01101 01101 01101 10010101 01101 01101 01101 10010101 011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 293
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, process, of, life are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines life is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Process Of Life;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Declaration Of Intelligence
- Analysis of Dead Horses To Beat
- Analysis of Not One Who Runs Will Win