This is an analysis of the poem Wished To Go Away that begins with:
Meeting you that first time,
Many years ago......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXb dXeeXd fXXXaX XcdXdfXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,6,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 10001 11110101 1110101 111111 1010001101 1111100 0100101 110101 1110 1011101 1011 10011011 1110010001 1000010 1010011 1101000101 01101010010 11111 1011010011 11111010 1011011 100010101111 101101001 11111101 11010101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 202
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, we are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines relationship is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Wished To Go Away;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Opinions From Them Sent
- Analysis of Keeping An Agenda Makes A Difference
- Analysis of We Are A People Of Peace