This is an analysis of the poem Opinions From Them Sent that begins with:
Don't let that flight in sight needed to catch,
Miss you wishing for a ride......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCBD Xeff ABCBD GHGHGHIE EH GHGHGHIE ABCEHXbGHGHGHIE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,5,8,2,8,15,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011001 1110101 011101010 1111101 0111 10010111010 01100110 1110110 110101010 1111011001 1110101 011101010 1111101 0111 101110 1010001 101110 1010001 101110 1010001 110011 0010100 101110 1011001 101110 1010001 101110 1010001 101110 1010001 110011 0010100 1111011001 1110101 011101010 101110 1011001 1 101110 1010001 101110 1010001 101110 1010001 110011 0010100
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; them is repeated.
The author used the same words don't, people at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Opinions From Them Sent;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Keeping An Agenda Makes A Difference
- Analysis of We Are A People Of Peace
- Analysis of Screened For Updates