This is an analysis of the poem Why Would A Question In Your Mind Persist? that begins with:
You say you wish to know more about racism?
The reason for it, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xab XbXb caca Xc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101101110 01010 11001 111010111 11100 01010001001 111010101 1001 1101001101 0110110011 11100 0111010 1011010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 102
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Why Would A Question In Your Mind Persist?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.