This is an analysis of the poem Who Are They Who Point To The Liberals? that begins with:
Who are they who point to The Liberals?
Those of Conservative values? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAabaab aaaXc dXcaXa AAebec Acebaba A ddX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,5,6,6,7,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100100 10010010 11110 01110 11101010 1111010 101101010 10110100 11110 101101 011010 11010001 11111 1110010 01010111 011011 1110011 110001 1111100100 10010010 1111110001 000110100 010001111 011100110101 1111100100 1110111 11101011101 11111101 1110000100 101100100 11010101 1111100100 111110010 010101010 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; who, those are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words those, and are repeated.
The author used the same words those, who at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Who Are They Who Point To The Liberals?;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.