This is an analysis of the poem 'Careful. You'Re In The Library! ' that begins with:
All this talk about who ain't did what!
And who was suppose to do that, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAABAX XX ccdeXfd AAABAX XX fab gX XeXgXadbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,2,7,6,2,3,2,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011101 11101011 11001101 11101 101011101 111 100 1001101 01001111 1111110110 01111 10111110 11111 110101 11101 101011101 11101011 11001101 11101 101011101 111 100 1001101 001000111 11111 11111 11111101 111 100 100110 1111011 1101 1 111 1 1101011 01111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; see, how, my, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, see are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of 'Careful. You'Re In The Library! ';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.