This is an analysis of the poem Where Egos Are Fed that begins with:
No one wants to understand,
Why times are the way they are! ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbXbcab AaccaXXaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 1110111 11101101 101 1101111110 1011101 0100111111 1110101 110101001011 101010 1011101 11110101 11001001 111001101 1010010001 100100 01110110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 290
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Where Egos Are Fed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.