This is an analysis of the poem When The Spring This Time Comes... that begins with:
When the Spring this time comes...
I will be there to greet it with a smile....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXXbbcc Adde Addf AecX Abfeaa AgXXXAafaeg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,4,4,4,6,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001011 1001010001 110101110 11010101010 10111001011 1011 1000101 1001011 01011101 101001110101 111011110100 1001011 100111101110 1001010011010 10111001101 1001011 1001001100 10100101 10111001 1001011 110100110 001001 1111010100 011010 0110111001 1001011 1110011010 101011001 010000110100 1001011 10100101000110 111011 101011001 011010 110010001010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 181
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word every is repeated.
The author used the same word when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When The Spring This Time Comes...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Centerstage
- Analysis of Your Heart With Your Mind And Faith Is Your Doctor!
- Analysis of Quality And Qualifications Of Teachers