This is an analysis of the poem When I First Saw You that begins with:
When I first,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCdECFgAB bhXgab IIIJHF f IIIJHFXa ABCdECFgAB Xf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,6,6,1,8,10,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 11 111111 10 111110 10111 0011 100 111 11 111111 11011101 11111 110 1111 111 1011 11111 101001 111010 10001 01111 01111101 1011 11111 101001 111010 10001 01111 00110101 00101 111 11 111111 10 111110 10111 0011 100 111 11 10111 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 19 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When I First Saw You;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Self Determination
- Analysis of Tell All Stress To Beat It
- Analysis of Being Aware And Conscious Of It