This is an analysis of the poem What Is It Together Are We Wishing The Other To Be? that begins with:
If it isn't about me
Nor is this about you......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABB AACX defefe ABB fdfeXAACa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,6,3,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0000011 100011 1111110100 011111 1110101 1100010 111010 111110 01101010 110101 111101010 100101 1110101001 0000011 100011 1111110100 010010 1111110010 11101 00110101 011111 1110101 1100010 111001000
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of What Is It Together Are We Wishing The Other To Be?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.