This is an analysis of the poem Hot Topic that begins with:
Don't dropp it...
That subject that you picked....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAABA cbadE AAfa ddgXf ddgb Xcaa AAABhh bhEad AAABAXhbh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,4,5,4,4,6,5,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110 101111 110 0110101 10100101010 111010 11101111 1101010001 11010111 0110101001 110 101111 1001110110 111110010 00101111111 010110110101 0101010101101 00010100 111010101 11011101 111111 1111101 1111101001 1101100100 111010010 01010111101 11111011011 110 101111 110 0110101 110101 111110101 1101010100 1110001001 0110101001 11101 01001101 110 101111 110 0110101 10100101010 110101 010011 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words it's, how are repeated.
The author used the same word we at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase it connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hot Topic;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.